Surgical Errors And Avoidable Post-Operative Complications Simply Are Unacceptable
Has a doctor’s error during a surgery, a medical procedure or your post-operative care left you injured or led to the death of a loved one? If so, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for your loss and damages for your injuries.
We at Gash & Associates, P.C., understand the challenges you may face following a medical blunder. No matter the circumstances of your injuries, one of our lawyers will carefully review your case and help explain your legal rights and options.
Whether you are pursuing a personal injury claim or a wrongful death suit, we have the experience you need to get the compensation you deserve. After all, even though every medical procedure carries some risk, you should not have to suffer a needless injury simply because a surgeon fails to perform his or her duties up to the established standard level of care.
Common Examples Of Surgical Errors And Post-Operative Complications
While there are many forms of medical malpractice, surgical errors are often some of the most severe and life-threatening. Some common examples may include:
- Operating on the wrong person
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Performing the wrong procedure
- Performing an unnecessary operation
- Cutting or placing an incision in the wrong place
- Leaving surgical equipment inside the patient, such as sponges and other instruments
- Failing to follow up with appropriate testing and diagnostic studies
- Failing to diagnose and treat post-operative complications, such as post-operative infections, hemorrhaging and disordered wound healing
- Anesthesia errors
There are many reasons why these surgical errors may occur, including insufficient pre-op preparation, poor communication or coordination with other specialists, an unqualified doctor, fatigue, failure to follow up or simply carelessness and general neglect. Regardless of the reason, however, you need an attorney by your side defending your rights.
Contact Gash & Associates, P.C., And Schedule A Free Consultation
To schedule your FREE personal injury consultation, contact us online or call us by phone. You can reach us at (914) 505-6779 or toll free at 866-GASHLAW. From our White Plains office, we serve medical malpractice victims throughout Westchester County, New York City and the Tri-state area.