Mr. Magnusson received his JD from Hofstra University School of Law in 1980. He was admitted to the New Jersey bar as well as the United States District Court in 1981.
Mr. Magnusson has extensive trial experience in the defense of commercial and personal line insureds, specializing in products liability, construction, premises liability, auto, U/M and UIM and insurance coverage matters. He is a court appointed arbitrator in Essex, Morris and Sussex Counties. His reported decisions include Vega v. Standard Machinery Co. of Auburn, Rhode Island, 290 N.J. Super. 434 (App. Div. 1995).
Mr. Magnusson has been associated with Gash & Associates, P.C. for more than 25 years, and assists us in our New Jersey State Court and Federal Court litigation. Because of Mr. Magnusson's extensive experience as a defense lawyer, he provides us with keen insight as to the defense perspective on our cases, and which provides us with a winning edge in our cases. We value our relationship with Guy as an important member of our team.
- New Jersey, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1981
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
Past Employment Positions
- The Hartford, Senior Trial Attorney, 1987 to 2002
- Ohio Casualty, Senior Trial Attorney, 2002 to 2007
- Arbitrator - Superior Court of New Jersey